The sad sight of unwanted Christmas trees are popping up all over the city…
If you had a real Christmas tree this year be sure to put it out so that the council can pick them up and recycle them. Like the owners of these trees sketched in the New Town today, have done.
Here is the official information from Edinburgh Council…
Christmas trees can be recycled at any of our three Community Recycling Centres.
If you have a brown bin or live in a brown bin area, please place your tree at the kerbside, next to your bin, by 6am on your next garden waste day. Collection days can be checked by entering an address or by postcode at http://www.greenboxday.co.uk/.
We will also be collecting trees from communal bin areas during January. Please see below for dates in your area:
• City Centre and Leith – Monday 6, 13, 20
• East – Tuesday 7, 14, 21
• North – Wednesday 8, 15, 22
• West and South West – Thursday 9, 16, 23
• South – Friday 10, 17, 24
To enable trees to be recycled, residents are reminded to:
• Remove all decorations from the Christmas tree
• If the tree is 6ft tall or more, please cut it in half
• Do not place trees in plastic bags, as this means we cannot recycle it